Wednesday, September 1, 2010

+\\P D X//+

Hey everybody, hope you all are good out there. I've been staying busy with family, DJing and playing 1 Man Band in the lab, but I wanted to give everyone a quick update.

I was blessed to rock The Do Over last Sunday and all I can say is, it was definitely one of the funnest gigs I've done. Jerome Baker set it off with the classics, Bobbito dropped the crazy latin/bossa/funk 45 set, Peanut Butter Wolf did an awesome MJ video tribute and Mayer Hawthorne, Bilal, Rich Medina, DJ Scratch (who sat behind me during my set. No pressure.) and Spinderella were in the house. Audio should be up in a few weeks. Thanks to Haycock, Mr. Strong, Mr. Blacc, Mr. Rules, Mr. Shoes et al. #sotice
















I won't be able to post for a minute (see below). After this week I'm taking off to Berlin for a few days with Aloe Blacc to promote his new album Good Things which drops later this month. But first...

I'm going, going...back, back...to...Portland?¿

Yes, yes y'all, this Thursday 9/2 I'll be holding it down at The Fix and Friday 9/3 at The Goodfoot for their 10 Year Anniversary Party.












































If you're in town tomorrow, come by Anthem Records for a (very) limited new DJ Day 7" with artwork by Mike 2600 screen printed on the flip #raer. This is a one off for Anthem Records commemorating a decade of good times at The Good Foot and once they're gone, they're gone. There will also be some copies available Friday night at the show. Come say hey and have a drank with me!

Also next Thursday 9/9 in PSP, the one and only DJ Nu-Mark (Jurassic 5/Blend Crafters) will be in the house at ¡ReuniĆ³n! #ALWAYSFREE
Big shout out and thanks to last month's special guests, King Most and Doc Delay, and I can't forget my man 100 grand, Aimlo who has been killing it with me every week. Seriously, don't sleep on the kid.





















tl;dr

6 comments:

Mike Davis said...

Huge! Can't wait to hear your set from the Do Over, homie!

blak said...

Glad to hear all the good news

DJ Stef said...

Got my record in the mail today, in time to play at Spindig Happy Hour tomorrow!

fecam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

uuuhhhh hell yeah!!! my kossa 45 comin in the mail, just listened to your do-over set all the way through and inspired as hell....the SWV bringing me back to da 90's...

congrats on the 45 and yeah, that's gotta be pretty nerve racking with DJ Scratch right behind you but you destroyed it as usual...

seems like a great night everyone had there....it's those great nights where you get to play truly what you love and people are responsive to it that keeps you chasin (through all the wack gigs) for that feelin....

keep em comin....

***kikko***

DJStylus said...

You're my hero. No geek-o.