Thursday, May 8, 2008

I just wasn't made for these times


















This came out late last year as a tribute to Dilla by UK's Bullion - not anything Dilla made or a mash up like some folks have said - but all new beats using The Beach Boys (?!). I know it sounds bugged, but it works (some of it very well). I've passed up Pet Sounds for years despite it being touted as one of the greatest records of all time, I just couldn't get past the Cunningham-ness of it. I think it's time I had another listen.

Bullion - Pet Sounds: In the Key of Dee


I'm not sure if dude is selling this or whatever so if it goes down it goes down.

1 comment:

cosmobaker said...

Yo dead ass, when the "Black Album Acapellas" and the Grey Album came out, I was committed to doing a kind of Grey Album thing but using all shit from Pet Sounds. There's MAD shit on there that could be used, especially the extended deluxe disk with all the outtakes and multitracks and shit. But I never did. So I'll just sit hear and listen to this Bullion joint and silently cry in the dark..