Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not your ordinary























I've been searching all morning for a Youtube clip but it looks like it was made private. The video is titled "mpc quickie" and it's just a guy filming his MPC while the illest beat plays in the background. The person behind the beat and the video is none other than Damu the Fudgemunk. I had been checking for this dude ever since I saw that clip and luckily I wasn't the only one. Most of you by now will know him has one half of Y Society along with MC/DJ/Producer Insight. They just released their debut album Travel At Your Own Pace on Tres Records and needless to say, you need it in your life.
I happened to come across a free album of unreleased beats on the People Under the Stairs website and thought I'd share it with everybody. There's more than a few facemelters in here. I hate to compare people, but for fans of golden era Pete Rock this is as close as you're gonna get.
BEATSBEATSBEATSBEATS

Damu The Fudgemunk - Spare Time Instrumental LP

Live MPC Demo @ Fat Beats

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've never even heard of this cat, and he's right up my alley. Very, very dope beats.

You can really hear the K-Def, Diamond D, and Pete Rock influences shinin' through. I picked up that Y Society record as well and was equally impressed. Tres Records is killin' it right now! Did you hear that DJ Alibi record? DAMN. Solid.