Monday, March 10, 2008

We Don't Play



When I first heard the scratches in this song I was straight up blown away. I thought Aladdin and Joe Cooley had shit on lock until I heard this. I remember visiting my grandparents in L.A. and going to Sam Goody (or Musicland?). They had this machine with a bunch of songs in it and you could make your own custom cassette. I think it was like 10 songs for a dollar each. I filled up a whole tape with just this song. It wasn't until years later that I finally got the 12" (shout out to Rip).

This was the only record that Frescho and Miz ever made. The B-side, "Now You Know" is also dope with Freshco going off over the break from "The Jam". I always wondered why they never came out with a whole album. I had heard rumors that they recorded more songs but got dropped from the label. Last year I happened to come across an ebay auction for a CD of unreleased songs (sold by Freshco himself) which is as close as we're ever gonna get to a full album. Here's one of the better joints on there. I only wish there was more cuts!

Unreleased Track 4

For those that are interested, you can get the CD at www.freshcoandmiz.com

No comments: