Monday, March 3, 2008

Beat Biter?

















So I wake up to an email yesterday about Rick Ross and Jay-Z rapping over a beat that sounds like "Four Hills". Now I know people sample the same records all the time and the particular one I used isn't rare at all, so I didn't think twice when I heard about it. Once I listened to it I realized they went back and re-played the sample and had a choir come in and change the original lyrics. Even more proof of it just being a coincidence using the same song. I didn't see what the big deal was until I heard them re-do the one thing that wasn't in the original song - the vocal/echo scratch melody that you hear in the clip compared below. Add a similar drum pattern and it's safe to say the dudes who made the beat probably heard my song. Either way, I'm not buggin. I just think it's a trip.


Let me know what you think

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty similar to me, most def... you're a beast day... listenin to the kutiman album right now, as much as i like "music is ruling my world" the mix you did is killin' it.

Anonymous said...

its definitely almost the same song as from your album. They should have changed it some more...

Eric Nord said...

it's a great compliment and you've got the right attitude about it. there's too much "borrowing" going on for us to get mad. they should be commended for their good taste.

Anonymous said...

it was most definitely "inspired" by four hills. the drums they used were weak though. i say you take the acapulco from them, throw it over "four hills" and put it back out as the way it should have sounded.

JBLOW said...

i hate to say it, but this cut is making me warm up to Rick Ross. i wonder what the "BOSS" count will be on this album...

re: biting - agreed. but you know what... if producers being "inspired" by cats like Day will affect current hip hop (and make it better), i ain't mad. Day + Ross collabo coming soon. WHAT?!