Tuesday, March 18, 2008

yoyoyo

Due to circumstances beyond my control I wasn't able to make it to SXSW this year. Something came up literally hours before my flight and I had to cancel. It sucks, but shit happens and you gotta keep it moving. Big shout out to Mike 2600, Dr. Delay, Maker, DJ Mel, Cosmo Baker and Joe Eleven, Dori and everyone at Friends of Sound. I'll be there next year no doubt.














Some of you have probably heard about all the multi track files that have been popping up over the last year. I'm not sure who's behind them, but there's been some incredible classics released with all the individual instruments from the master reels ("Superstition", "What's Going On", "No Woman No Cry", etc.).
Here's a few alternate mixes I did yesterday. Nothing major, but it was a good learning experience.

"What's Going On"

"What's Going On (instrumental)"
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough"


In other news... here's an article for eMusic about Melting Pot Music by Hua Hsu.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The instrumental version is pretty hot!

Anonymous said...

Got to say Happy Birthday to Day....3/18

Mike Davis said...

Shoulda worn that blond wig through airport security so you would have appeared to be more American-looking and less of a threat to our nation. These colors don't run.